We aim to have a comprehensive and comprehensible choice of categories. If you feel we have missed out a category important to you, please let us know. You can also contact our team here, if you are unsure where to enter your work. Please note all Campaign entries must be a minimum of two items up to a maximum of six.
Register now for the 2021 Cresta Awards. If you entered in 2020, simply login using the same username and password. You can download this year’s full Entry Kit here. Home page image: Cresta 2020 winner, Wunderman Thompson Taipei.
1: Moving Image
Commercials for TV, Cinema, Social and Viral. Single or campaign entries. For short form video, see Social category. For brand funded video, see Brand Content.
- TV or Cinema Commercial up to 30 second
- TV or Cinema Commercial 31- 60 second
- TV or Cinema Commercial over 60 seconds
- Viral Video (any length)
- Other (This includes self-commissioned and personal short films up to 20 minutes. With longer films, we suggest extracts of less than 8 mins. Please note the Film Craft category may also be relevant for such work. )
Websites, Micro-sites, Apps, Ads, Banners, Games, etc. for any device. Single or campaign entries.
- Campaign websites and micro-sites
- Integrated digital campaigns (min. of 3 platforms/technologies)
- Online display advertising (banners, pop-ups, takeovers)
- Online video ads
- Branded apps and games
3: Print & OOH
Newspaper, Magazine or other Publication Ads, Billboards, Posters. Single or campaign entries.
- Print ad
- Large format billboard poster
- Small format poster
- Interactive poster
4: Ambient & Experiential
For Ambient entries, work should be on or in unusual or unexpected places, may be known as guerrilla marketing. Experiential should be immersive, live and memorable experiences for consumers - encompassing live marketing and event marketing experiences. Single or campaign entries.
Social media campaigns, videos, ephemeral content and other social-based work.
- Best use of Instagram - Best use of Pinterest
- Best use of Twitter
- Best use of Facebook
- Best use of TikTok
- Social Campaign (integrated use of 2 or more of above)
- Influencer Campaigns - Global Issue Campaign
- Innovative use of Social Media
- Real Time Advertising
- Short-Form Ephemeral Content (Snapchat, Instagram Stories etc)
- Short-form social video up to 10 secs
All forms of audio-led communication, including radio advertising, branded podcasts, and audio creativity that leads in any media. Single or campaign entries.
- Radio advertising (any length)
- Branded podcast (any length)
- Innovative use of sound/audio
7: Brand Content
Film or video, AR, VR, games, print or other content made with intent to support a brand’s marketing strategy.
- Brand-funded film/video (fiction)
- Brand-funded film/video (factual)
- Branded Game
- Brand VR/AR
- Other brand-funded content
Any marketing item created with intent to produce a direct response from consumers. Can be any media. Single or campaign entries.
9: Integrated Campaign
Any campaign incorporating work from at least two of the above disciplines. Campaign fees apply to this category.
Entrants into categories 1 - 9 should also choose a sector sub-category from below:
01: CONSUMER PRODUCT OR SERVICE
03: PUBLIC INTEREST OR CHARITY
Health and wellness marketing is highly regulated and often requires specialist creative knowledge and skills. These categories recognise the growing importance of healthcare marketing. Entries may include work in any medium. Single or campaign entries.
- OTC medicines
- Prescription medicines
- Healthcare services (hospitals, care homes, insurance etc)
- Wellness (work supporting healthy life-style choices)
- Public Awareness (public health information campaigns)
Any work for this fast growing and improving specialist sector of marketing communications. Single or campaign entries. - Commercials - Brand content/ film or video/games/VR/AR
- Print and OOH
- Experiential or Ambient
- Online marketing
12: Luxury & Fashion
The creation of very high value brands is an area in which the marketing very often defines the brand as much as the product itself. These new awards reflect the specialist understanding and boundary-pushing creativity needed to build and maintain brands in these globalised and unique markets.
- Luxury goods (Accessories, Watches, Leather goods, Jewellery, etc)
- High Fashion Apparel
- Other ( Travel & Vacations, Hotels, Property, Financial, Experiences)
13: Creative Technology
These awards look for creativity and innovation applied to established technology. From a ride-booking app to a one-click shopping experience, from a disruptive real estate website to the refined UX of a boutique brand, and more.
- New App - Online journey (UX)
- Digital Brand Transformation of the Year
- Creative use of Data
- Use of AI
- Use of AR or VR
- Integrated use of new technologies
14: Digital Design
Design projects primarily using digital technologies, can be online, physical installations or any other use of design in a digital environment.
Website or Micro-site
- Integration of multiple technologies
- Online identity
- OOH digital installations
- Data visualisation
- Innovative use of new technologies
All other single or mixed media design projects, covering print, identity and physical installations or spaces used primarily as part of a marketing initiative.
- Annual Report/Brochure/Publication
- Editorial design
- Installations or Displays
- Brand transformation
- The future of design
16: Film Craft
- Outstanding Direction of a Commercial
- Outstanding Cinematography in a Commercial
- Outstanding Direction of a Brand-funded film
- Outstanding Cinematography in a Brand-funded film
- Outstanding Editing of a Commercial or Brand-funded film
- Outstanding Scriptwriting
- Outstanding Art Direction
- Outstanding Sound Design
- Outstanding Special Effects
- Outstanding Animation
- Use of Music (original & licensed)
- Use of Humour
- Film Craft Campaign
17: Print Craft
- Outstanding Art Direction
- Outstanding Copywriting
- Oustanding Typography
- Outstanding Photography
- Craft campaign
18: Digital Craft
- Innovative new techniques
- Use of animation
- Use of photography
- User journey
- Innovative coding
19: Brand Purpose
As consumers increasingly consider their purchases to be an extension of their views, beliefs and lifestyle, this category rewards those brands with strategies and creative executions that provide powerful connections with today’s evolving and more ethically demanding marketplace.
20: Brand Transformation NEW
Have you taken a tired, traditional brand and transformed it, making it fit for the modern age? Perhaps you’ve taken a ‘bricks and mortar’ business and made it a major online success. Or strategically and creatively re-positioned a brand so dramatically it has been completely revitalised. Work in any media accepted.
21: Long Term Creativity
Campaigns in any medium (or mix of) that have run consistently for 4 years or more. Work in this category may have been entered into awards individually in previous years. At least 4 examples must be entered including executions across the full period of the campaign. Supporting material showing the effectiveness of the long-term approach will be used to judge entries.
22: The ‘Wish we’d thought of that’ Award
Innovative thinking in any medium or discipline that will impress your peers and have them wishing they’d thought of it first. Surprise us.
23: The #OMG Award NEW
A special new category for work that defies categorisation and simply makes us say "#OMG, how did they do that" or "how did they persuade the client to go with that". Shock us, or make us laugh out loud, or go silent in admiration. Any media accepted.
24: The Media Magic Award
The innovative use of media can be as creative as it is effective. Show us how you challenged the norm and created something special in any mix, individual or one-off media.
25: The Future
This is an open category for outstanding and innovative work demonstrating the potential direction of tech as a creative tool in marketing. We expect entries featuring Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality, Automated Intelligence and other technologies we haven’t even dreamed of. Show us what the creative world is going to look like in the 2020s.
26: The Creative Effectiveness Award NEW
In no more than 1000 words and/or a 3 minute video persuade us that your work achieved outstanding effectiveness within the objectives set by the client.
27: The Creative Business Award
To be highly creative, innovative and reliably successful, time after time, a company needs values, methods, organisation. And then... a little extra magic. What’s your company’s secret sauce? Is there a unique culture that defines your company? Is it a special workplace that inspires staff to go the extra mile? Does the company demonstrate pro-bono activism to improve society or the environment? Share what makes your creative business special and you could win this very special award.
Please enter with a submission text of between 150 and 750 words. You can attach up to six items (video or stills or sound file) and include a web link or two if appropriate.
- Up to 50 employees
- Over 50 employees
- Network of more than three offices
The industry and special trophies
Following the announcement of the winners in September, we will award these major trophies. These are not voted for by the Jury, and you do not need to enter them.
Network of the Year
Agency of the Year
Independent Network of the Year
Independent Agency of the Year
Production Company of the Year NEW
The Jury Award (chosen by the Cresta Jury Chair)
The President’s Award (awarded by the Cresta President for outstanding contribution)