18: DIGITAL CRAFT (USE OF ANIMATION)
THE PENGUIN AND THE WHALE - United Nations-2030 SDGs
|Title of Entry:||THE PENGUIN AND THE WHALE|
|Brand:||United Nations-2030 SDGs|
|Client:||United Nations / Tencent|
|Creative Team:||1. General Manager: Vincent Li
2. Executive Creative Director: Akae Wang
3. Script and Copywriter: Akae Wang
4. Script and Copywriter: Zita Zou
5. Art Director: Ken Lin
6. Assistant Art Director: Sonja Xu
7. Agency Producer: Ahjan Huang
8. Project Director: Derek Song
9. Project Manager: Nina Lin
10. Project Manager: Susieshan Li
11. Executive Producer: Katherine Lee
12. Producer: Roy Zhang
13. Executive Producer: Ivan Faerman
14. Creative Director: Nando Correa
15. Creative Technologist: Addie Hao
16. Producer: Ruby Valls
17. Director: Ezequiel Torres
18. Director: Pablo Rafael Roldan
|Notes:||In the aftermath of Covid-19, the entire country was suffering from the impact of the epidemic, which triggered the desire of most Chinese to prove that the Chinese are still part of the world's citizens and can benefit the world. This campaign gives an outlet to that desire at this critical point.
In August 2020, the United Nations told an animated story with a tragic ending to all Chinese students to reveal the 2030 global agenda we all face. Through the use of creative communication, the sweet and touching story was used to illustrate to the public the importance of environmental protection, which is widely considered by many to be one of the priorities under the Sustainable Development Goals.
Animation communicates in an easy-to-understand way, especially for the younger generation. Rather than harshly blaming humans for the harm their actions have caused, it resonates with the public and has a greater effect among the Chinese. You can save our planet, you know where to go.
Leveraging the one-billion user WeChat platform for promotion, the short film called for Chinese youth to engage in dialogue on the future. Thanks to Tencent’s efforts in maximizing the PR resources, the initiative was elevated to state media. The support and acknowledgement from the government brought it further into the limelight and sparked hot discussion among youth.