16: FILM CRAFT (USE OF MUSIC)
A Classic You Can Count On - Saarioinen
|Title of Entry:||A Classic You Can Count On|
|Entrant Company:||Bob the Robot|
|Creative Team:||Copywriter: Jan Sederlöf
Art director: Hermanni Kanerva
Junior copywriter: Hemppa Laakso
Director: Juho Konstig
|Other Credits:||Client: Tia Yrjölä
Client: Päivi Ikonen
Account director: Heidi Nieminen
Account director: Elina Fredén
Executive Producer: Seppo Kerkelä
Sound designer: Markku Mäkelä
|Notes:||Saarioinen is a Finnish manufacturer of ready-made microwave meals. The ad promotes a line of classic Finnish meals (such as sautéed reindeer), which all Finns are familiar with and regard as “classics”.
The tagline “A classic you can count on” refers to both the classic rock anthem “Final Countdown” and the classic meal – and even the classic Saarioinen jingle from 1967 (World’s oldest corporate jingle in continuous use according to Guinness book of world records).
Europe’s Final Countdown was a perfect choice for several reasons:
1. It’s an instantly recognizable song to the sound of which our target group (single men living out of home) has headbanged for the past three decades.
2. They play Final Countdown as the clock on the microwave is literally counting down. Get it?
3. It’s a kick-ass song with a cool riff and bad-ass bass drums – which translate nicely into a kitchenware jam session.
4. If there's one thing Finnish people love more than sautéed reindeer it's heavy metal and hard rock.
5. And most importantly: it's a real banger and an undeniable classic!
Fun fact: the performance was recorded live on set without any post-work gimmicks