RULES OF THE COMPETITION
1. The Cresta Awards are open to all advertising agencies, advertisers, studios and production companies worldwide. Entries submitted must be broadcast, published or released in a commercial environment with client approval between January 1st, 2012 and March 31st, 2013. Works previously submitted are not eligible.
2. The purpose of the Awards is to honor an absolute standard of creative excellence in advertising and marketing communications. Entries will be judged on the originality of the creative ideas and the quality of their executions (except in the Craft & Design categories where only executional quality is taken into consideration).
3. A numerical voting system will be used and winners will be determined by the absolute scores achieved regardless of category. Categories are provided to facilitate the judging process.
4. The Awards encompass ELEVEN competitions: Press awards, Outdoor awards, Direct Marketing awards, Ambient Media awards, TV/Cinema/Online Film awards, Radio awards, Interactive awards and Integrated Campaign awards, Design awards, Craft awards and Promotions & Incentives awards. Both national and international work may compete in each event
5. The deadline for receipt of entries is March 8th, 2013.
6. Work may be submitted as single entries (categories 1-34; 36-53) and/or as campaign entry (categories 1-34; 36-53), where the force of the creative idea is enhanced by a series of different executions. When a campaign is entered as a series of single ads for the same product or service only the highest scoring entry in the series will qualify for an award.
7. Press, Outdoor, Direct Marketing, Ambient Media, TV/Cinema/Online Film, Radio, Interactive, Integrated Campaign, Design, Craft and Promotions & Incentives entries will be judged separately.
8. International pre-selection juries in the USA, Europe and selected countries in the rest of the world will determine a short-list of finalists that will be submitted to an International Grand Jury of creative experts for final evaluation. Each entrant authorizes the organizers to duplicate their entries on video tape or digitally for this purpose in the event that their entries are short-listed.
9. The votes of the International Grand Jury will determine the Grand Prix, Gold, Silver and Bronze winners of the competition. In the event of a tie for the Grand Prix, the scores attributed by the pre-selection juries will also be taken into consideration.
10. Winners will receive trophies and diplomas. All short-listed entries will receive finalist certificates. Grand Prix will only be awarded to the highest scoring entries that achieve a pre-determined standard (above a ‘set’ score). No Grand Prix will be awarded in a competition if the pre-determined standard is not met.
11. All entries are to be made online via the cresta awards online entry system: www.cresta-awards.com/registration.
12. Entry fees are $375 for each single entry and $195 for each item that is presented as part of a campaign. There is no limit to the number of items that may be submitted as a campaign except for Integrated Campaigns which have an entry fee of $650 and will be limited to 9 items.
13. Entry fees can be paid by credit card, check or a bank transfer. All payment must be made in U.S. dollars. Credit Card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover) payment made through our registration system using PayPal. Please note: a 3% credit card fee for U.S. participations or a 4% credit card fee for International participants will be added to your invoice for every Credit Card transaction. Checks must be drawn on and made payable through a U.S. bank. Bank transfers are to be sent to account no.: 01620076 at Citibank, 1 Park Avenue, N.Y., N.Y. 10016 (Swift Code: CITI US 33; Routing no.: 021000089). All bank transfers require an additional fee of $25. Invoices are due for payment upon receipt, those that are not paid within 30 days will be subject to a late payment fee of 2% per month.
14. By uploading and submitting entries to the competition online, entrants undertake to pay the corresponding entry fees. All entries submitted to the competition will be judged, and the payment of fees will be due, unless the entries are withdrawn, in writing, before April 15th, 2013.
15. All TV/Cinema/Online Film entries must be submitted online. All universal formats are accepted (HD size compressed as H.264 or MP4 preferred). Films may not exceed a maximum duration of 2 minutes.
16. All Press and Outdoor entries must be submitted online via jpg – 3000 X 2400 pixels (300dpi maximum). If the work requires multiple images, each image must be uploaded as a separate jpg.
17. All Direct Marketing entries must be submitted online via jpg – 3000 X 2400 pixels (300 dpi) maximum). Up to 12 jpgs may be submitted to illustrate each entry. If sending ‘samples’ (recommended, but optional) send via courier or post and include a copy of your entry form. Direct Marketing entries submitted as ‘other media’ can be submitted via any universal format for Radio and TV/Cinema/Online Film (HD size compressed as H.264 or MP4 preferred). These entries may not exceed a maximum duration of 2 minutes.
18. All Ambient Media entries must be submitted online via jpg – 3000 X 2400 pixels (300dpi maximum). If the work requires multiple images, each image must be uploaded as a separate jpg. For entries that are staged (moving or live action) please submit as a WMF (Windows Media File) via the online system. Films may not exceed a maximum duration of 3 minutes.
19. All Radio commercial entries must be submitted online via all universal formats. For judging purposes, submitting your entry in English is strongly recommended. Non-English entries must be dubbed in English and a written translation is also required. Spots may not exceed a maximum duration of 2 minutes.
20. All Interactive entries must be submitted online with the correct web address (URL) and with any required passwords. If URL is no longer active, or if submitting other types of Interactive submissions, please transfer to an alternate URL for viewing. For non-English entries, a written explanation must also be supplied to facilitate the judging process.
21. All Integrated Campaign entries must be submitted online as a complete Video Presentation (including any interactive component) via any universal format (HD size compressed as H.264 or MP4 preferred). 3 to 9 ads in total in at least 3 media are eligible. Films may not exceed a maximum duration of 4 minutes.
22. Promotions & Incentives entries must be submitted online via JPG – 3000 x 2400 pixels (300 dpi maximum). If the work requires multiple images, please upload each image as a separate JPG. Alternatively, you have the option of submitting a ‘film’ explanation of your entry (no longer than 3 minutes) online via any universal format (HD size compressed as H.264 or MP4 preferred).
23. Design entries must be submitted online via JPG – 3000 x 2400 pixels (300 dpi maximum). If the work requires multiple images, please upload each image as a separate JPG. Work can also be presented via a Sample. After uploading your JPGs, send your ‘sample’ via courier or post. A copy of your entry form should also be included. Interactive entries require a working URL.
24. Craft entries are open to TV/Cinema/Online Film, Radio, Interactive, Magazine, Newspaper, Poster and Outdoor works only. 'Printed material' must be submitted online via jpg – 3000 X 2400 pixels (300 dpi) maximum). If the work requires multiple images, each image must be uploaded as a separate jpg. Entries submitted as ‘Films or Radio’ can be submitted via any universal format (HD size compressed as H.264 or MP4 preferred). These entries may not exceed a maximum duration of 2 minutes. Interactive entries require a working URL.
25. Material entered in the competition will not be returned and may be used by the organizers and adforum.com to publicize the results of the competition.
26. To promote the Awards and secure media coverage for Cresta winners and finalists each entrant authorizes the organizers and adforum.com to copy their entries and to produce images from their films to appear in books, magazines and newspapers that publish information on advertising or marketing internationally.
27. Each entrant also authorizes the organizers and adforum.com to duplicate and digitize their entries within an international compilation of finalist and award-winning commercials on DVD, CD Rom and on the internet for non-broadcast information purposes.
28. Under no circumstances shall the organizers, their authorized representatives or adforum.com be held responsible for the payment of royalties or other charges in connection with the activities described in rules 24, 25 and 26 above. Each entrant agrees to hold the organizers, their authorized representatives or adforum.com, harmless against any claims in these respects.